We received a total of 67 applications this year. A majority of the applicants were girls. The scholars were selected through 14 hours of rigorous interview and assessment process that gave due consideration to both their academic record and compelling circumstances – not just one.
Among the scholars are aspiring engineers, doctors, journalists and social activists, all of whom hail from working class families in both Marriabad and Hazara Town, Quetta. They are:
- Abbas Ali, Intermediate of Commerce at Tameer-e-Nau Public College
- Areeba Abdul Hameed, Intermediate of Computer Science at Al-Kauthar College
- Fahima Ali Dad, Pre-Engineering at Islamia Girls College
- Gulsoom Sher Mohammad, Pre-Medical at Islamia Girls College
- Misbah Zahra, Pre-Medical at Hassan Musa Girls College
- Rabia Batool, Pre-Medical at Federal Government College
- Rubaba Naimatullah, Pre-Medical at Girls Postgraduate College
- Zaki Haider, Pre-Medical at Tameer-e-Nau Public College
- Altaf Hussain at Faculty of Arts at Zist Institute of Science and Technology
- Bibi Fatima, Pre-Medical at Islamia Girls College
- Fatima Habibullah, Pre-Engineering at Islamia Girls College
- Kainat Batool, Intermediate of Commerce at Federal Government College
- Nasima Batool, Pre-Engineering at Girls Degree College
- Rida Batool Jafar, Intermediate of Computer Science at Islamia Girls College
- Shazia Muhammad Musa, Intermediate of Computer Science at Federal Government College
We thank our partners in Quetta – Mohammad Mehdi of Ummat, Mohammad Hadi of Champion Academy and Muhammad Aman of ZIST for helping us organise and conduct these interviews.
We thank our supporters and donors, and wish the scholars endurance, hard-work and a bright future ahead.